The Toyota Way
The Toyota Production System is supported by two pillars: “continuous improvement” and “respect for people.” The same cornerstone philosophy that produces quality, standard-setting vehicles also pushes Toyota to aid in growing quality, standard-setting communities where it does business. Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky (TMMK) believes in becoming an integral part of its communities by contributing to the economic growth of the area by volunteering time and funding organizations, upholding strict moral standards and setting high standards for environmental performance.
Education, Health and Human Services, Arts and Culture, Environment, Civic and Community Progress, Minorities and Diversity - Special consideration is given to programs with an educational focus that can show sustainability. TMMK will, on occasion, support fund-raising activities where the majority of the proceeds from the event go directly to the organization.Grants are reviewed twice per year (January and June).
Submission dates for applications are December 1 and May 1.
TMMK Favors Proposals That:
- Are geared towards benefiting a large number of people
- Offer participation in local educational programs
- Exhibit clear, measurable, and realistic goals and objectives
- Establish the means for evaluation and reporting after a program is completed
- Provide leadership and development programs for participants
- Target youth within any of the funding priority areas
- Include financial and other strategic commitments from other funding organizations
- Mainly originate and serve the Commonwealth of Kentucky
TMMK Does Not Provide Funding For:
- Organizations that practice discrimination by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, pregnancy, covered military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Political Organizations, Parties or Candidates
- Fraternal Organizations
- Religious Houses of Worship
- Labor Organizations
- Non-Charitable Organizations
- Individual or Private Schools
- Organizations from Foreign Countries
- Beauty pageants
- Athletic/Sports Games and Teams
- Fund-raisers and/or other programs that spend more than 40% of the collected funds on operating costs
- Subsidize routine institutional expenses or deficits
All counties in Kentucky, with the exception of Boone, Kenton and Campbell (served by Toyota Engineering & Motor Manufacturing North America – TEMA), and Henderson and Daviess (served by Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Indiana – TMMI)
Funding Scope for TMMK
Health & Human Services, Education, Environment, Arts & Culture, Community — special consideration is given to programs with an educational focus that can show sustainability. Grants are reviewed bi-annually (January and June). Submission dates for applications are May 1 and December 1. TMMK does not donate vehicles or make grants to individuals.
If your organization meets any of our geographic and funding missions as well as the general limitations, please go to: www.toyotagrants.com/tmmk